Monday, June 23, 2008



Here's my neice Shelby who flew out to take care of the kids and to visit. Pictured with my grandma and her great gma.
Just an update on what the kids are doing for summer. Jacob is taking tennis lessons at 7:30am twice a week here at our tennis court. He is so good about getting up and ready all by himself. I don't know why I was surprised to see him dressed and ready to go this morning sitting on the couch playing with his Tamagachi (digital friend- weird little toy if you ask me but he had to have one like the rest of his piers). I guess I just thought he'd eventually start to sink into a summer time routine waking up late and going to bed late. He does get to bed late but amazingly he still gets up early. He's so quiet in the mornings and doesn't disturb a soul.


Both Jacob and Julia are on a "swim team". It's so cute. I wasn't sure how tiny little Julia would do being on a team because she can hardly swim- or so I thought. When it came time for her to swim across the pool in her first mock race she just dove right and and began free-styling very strongly much to my utter amazement. She had us all fooled. And Saturday she actually jumped off the taller diving board. She has no fear. Sammy will be taking lessons starting this Friday and then if he becomes proficient enough he too can join the "team". He too has absolutely no reservations which is kinda scary when it comes to water.






Julia is still in her gymnastics class with her best little friend since babyhood- Morgan. They are doing awesome. It's incredible to see their small little 5 year old bodies doing back walkovers. I will post a video you'll be amazed. She can't ride a bike yet but she can do walkovers, one handed cartwheels and round off's. Having said that she is very close to riding a bike. Today she was determined and went about 10 feet on her very own.






Julia still loves playing the piano but Jacob would rather not. Lessons have been a challenge to get in this summer between the teacher's busy schedule and ours. Jacob has expressed interest in playing a string instrument instead and I think I'll consent in hopes that the battle to get him to practice will subside. Pray that he falls in love with the strings!






Jacob's last baseball game is tonight. He's excited to get his "trophy". We're excited to not have to sacrifice dinner hour for games. Thanks to grandpa and grandma Duncan for coming to his games and showing your love and support.






A big thanks to our sweet niece Shelby who flew out to watch our kids while we went to San Francisco. The kids loved her and were better behaved for her than us. Why is that? They went straight to bed for her without a complaint but for us they require numerous books, elaborate stories all about they day they were born, and full body massages. I guess they think this is a five star luxery hotel or something.













1 comment:

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

What fun. Miss those mountains. Also love your gymnist. Really good especially for a 5 yr. old.