Brooke and I holding the air pressurized cannons that contained the blue and silver streamers.
Kyle Korver of the Utah Jazz and little 'ol me.After last season I vowed I would never go to a Jazz game again. I was done. The NBA is fixed I calculated and I'm not going to contribute to it ever again!!! So here it is the first game of the season and there I was front and center. And this is how it happened:
My dear friend Brooke called me this morning very excited because she had 2 VIP floor passes to the game. Not only that, but we would be privileged in firing the streamer cannons at the beginning of the game after the players were announced onto the floor. How could I refuse such an offer with such a fun friend?
It was so much fun, as you can imagine. Who cares if the NBA is fixed?
And can you believe it... I forgot my camera! And my cell phone died! So did Brooke's! What a pair we make. But before hers went completely dead we got a few photo's.
After getting our instructions on how to fire the cannons we went to the gift shop and bought this blue basketball and silver pen hoping to get some autographs. We were in the mood. On our way to the basketball court where the players were warming up we interrupted Thurl Bailey's meal to get his autograph. Brooke used to be in his ward and knew him once upon a time many years ago but we had our in. Next we got Jerry Sloan's then Ronnie Price on the court. After that we had to go back in the tunnel to get our cannons and get into position. We decided to wait two more minutes outside the Jazz locker room to see if a Jazz player would come by. And that is when we got lucky. Kyle Korver showed up for the game just as we were about to leave. We were so excited we screamed like little school girls. But seriously, who wouldn't scream upon seeing Kyle. This behavior is totally out of character for me except for when I'm with Brooke. She is so much fun - and that's a serious understatement.
After we blew our cannons we ran into the famous country singer (I'm going to have to ask Brooke what his name is again) at the elevator who sang the national anthem at the game. We were fortunate to get his autograph on my jazz ball. Ok, he's not a jazz player but he was at the jazz game. You could even say he was participating in it. Plus he's famous so I thought that was close enough and that it was definitely appropriate to have his signature on my Jazz ball. Don't you agree? I'm trusting Brooke that he's famous because quite honestly, I'm not up on stardom and I'm not the type to ever recognize famous people either. For all I know he could have been just your average Joe off the street. Come to think of it he looked like a pretty average Joe guy. I'm sitting here wondering if indeed he was a star and whether or not his signature belongs on that precious jazz ball of mine! I sure hope Brooke was right on that one. For those of you who know her you know how truly blonde she can be. She might be reading this but it's o.k. because she knows it. She's not in denial. (Just talked to Brooke, the singer's name is Collin Raye. He has like 5 platinum records, 15 #1 hits, and 25 top ten hits. Yep, he's famous, but yet he's so down to earth and so incredibly nice!)
Oh ya, we chased down the Jazz bear and got his autograph too. He gave Brooke and I both a kiss. And we kissed back. Aaawww. It was kinda like I was making up with the Jazz for my disloyalty.
So is it cheating on your husband to kiss a bear?
8 comments:
I love your new blog background! It sounds like a fun night! Collin Raye is famous. More so about 15 years ago but I have several of his albums! I read in the paper the other day that he lives here. He is doing concerts at the Desert Star Theatre. Enough about him, what a great time you must have had and the game was great as well. I love the picture of you and Kyle Corver. That one is a keeper! I think it is okay to kiss the bear.
Sorry! Somehow I posted the same comment 3 times!
How FUN! But I must say that I have seen yo scream like a little girl, when Brooke wasn't around :)
I wanrt to see your basketball before the boys start playing with it outside- LOL!
WOW! We were at the game also but you had WAY more fun than we ever did. Did you meet Harpring? Yum, I LOVE HARPRING!!!
How exciting! I just died when I saw your picture with Kyle Korver!! Justin himself would be jealous of your night. I hate the Jazz when they're loosing, but in the good seasons they are soooo fun!
You didn't know Collin Raye by sight? He's my daughter-in-law's absolute favorite singer. What a fun time you had at the game. I think it was okay to break your promise, at least this once!
Post a Comment